As I’m a book nerd, I keep lists of everything I read! So, for my next list I thought I’d look back over my history and pick the book I most enjoyed reading that year.
List Number Three – The best book I read each year for the last decade.
- 2013 – Wonder by R J Palacio
- 2012 – Into the Darkest Corner – Elizabeth Haynes
- 2011 – The Breaking of Eggs – Jim Powell
- 2010 – The Knife of Never Letting Go – Patrick Ness
- 2009 – The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- 2008 – Atonement – Ian McEwan
- 2007 – The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
- 2006 – We Need to Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver
- 2005 – July – Karen Roberts
- 2004 – Bel Canto – Ann Patchett
The best book I’ve read so far this year is The Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (that’s a bit of a worry, I should probably try to start reading something a bit more highbrow!).
I’d love to hear if you’re as nerdy as me…