Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is ‘Top ten books I’ve read so far this year’. Unfortunately, writing this list was a bit disappointing. So far I’ve been a bit underwhelmed by many of the books I’ve read this year. It’s not that I’ve read lots of bad books, I’ve just been awarding a lot of three stars.
The big exception is The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion which stands head and shoulders above the rest as the only five star book I’ve read this year. Hopefully my choices will improve in the second half of the year and I’ll have a few more 5 stars on my list by the end of the year!
Here’s my list, links are to my reviews.
- The Rosie Project – Graeme Simsion. Simply the best book I’ve read this year.
- Look Who’s Back – Timur Vermes. An incredibly brave and original concept for a book.
- The Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare. A very satisfying conclusion to this series.
- Echo Boy – Matt Haig. A very well executed YA sci-fi book.
- The Universe Versus Alex Woods – Gavin Extence. A touching oddball friendship story.
- Missing You – Harlan Coben. A fast-paced thriller.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling – Robert Galbraith. A well-rounded detective story.
- Second Chance Summer – Morgan Matson. A heart-warming YA hug.
- The Silent Wife – ASA Harrison. Dark tale of a woman who takes revenge on her cheating husband.
- Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher. An original twist on teenage depression.
What’s the best book you’ve read this year?