One thing that I enjoy almost as much as reading books is writing lists, so I’ve decided I’ll periodically share some book related lists with you.
List Number One – Thirteen books that made me cry
It’s amazing how good it can make you feel having a good old sob to a great book! (Except when you’re reading on public transport!)
If a book can make me cry, then that means I’m totally invested in it and it usually goes straight to the top of my ‘best books’ list! Weirdly, that doesn’t apply to films – I’ll cry at any old film no matter how rubbish it is!
- ‘July’ by Karen Roberts
- ‘Just Listen’ by Sarah Dessen
- ‘The Secret Garden’ by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- ‘The Time Traveller’s Wife’ by Audrey Niffenegger
- ‘The Book Thief’ by Marcus Zuzak
- ‘The Amber Spyglass’ by Philip Pullman
- ‘My Sister’s Keeper’ by Jodi Picoult
- ‘Bel Canto’ by Ann Patchett
- ‘The Lovely Bones’ by Alice Sebold
- ‘Noughts and Crosses’ by Malorie Blackman
- ‘Atonement’ by Ian McEwan
- ‘Birdsong’ by Sebastian Faulks
- ‘Wonder’ by R J Palacio
I’d love to hear what books made you cry!